Latest post: 7:50am -- 1/6/2014
It feels like springtime out there this morning ..
Temperatures are in the mid- to upper 50s!!
Showers, and possibly a thunderstorm will be moving through, along with a strong cold front this morning...
Temperatures in the next 24 hours will be as much as FIFTY degrees colder...
Rain will be ending between 9 and 10am.
It is not out of the question that the rain could end as a quick snow-shower in spots late this morning or early afternoon.
Accumulation is not expected.
Readings are forecast to fall into the upper 30s after lunch-time, and to the lower 30s by early evening.
Winds will be gusty all day, reaching between 20 - 30mph, with gusts up to 50mph through tonight.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW YORK HAS ISSUED A WIND
ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST
* LOCATIONS...THE NEW YORK CITY METROPOLITAN AREA AND LONG ISLAND.
* HAZARDS...DENSE FOG...THEN STRONG WINDS.
* WINDS...WEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.
* TIMING...DENSE FOG SHOULD REDEVELOP AND LAST INTO THIS MORNING
UNTIL A STRONG COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE. STRONG WINDS WILL DEVELOP
LATE THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS IN FOG...AND DIFFICULT
DRIVING CONDITIONS IN STRONG WINDS.
Tonight's lows fall all the way down to between 5 - 10 degrees for much of the area, with some below-zero temperatures for northwestern NJ and parts of Long Island.
Due to these low temperatures and remaining wind gusts:
... A WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TUESDAY TO 6 AM EST
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WIND
CHILL ADVISORY. IT IS IN EFFECT FROM 100 AM TUESDAY UNTIL 600 AM
* LOCATIONS..THE PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES OF CHESTER, MONTGOMERY AND
BUCKS, AS WELL AS CENTRAL NEW JERSEY.
* HAZARD TYPES...DANGEROUS COLD AND WIND.
* WIND CHILL VALUES....AS LOW AS AROUND MINUS 15.
* TIMING...LATE TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING.
* IMPACTS...PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO THE DANGEROUS COLD AND WIND MAY
LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA AND FROSTBITE.
THIS WIND CHILL ADVISORY MEANS THAT THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD
AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL
VALUES. LIMIT YOUR TIME OUT OF DOORS IF POSSIBLE.
Tuesday's highs, despite some sunshine only, reaches around 15 degrees for most locations.
Tuesday night again drops to the single dights to around 10 degrees for much of the Garden state, NYC, and Long Island ... with some spots below zero.
Wednesday reaches into the 20s, with mainly sunny skies.
There may be some rain or snow late Thursday or Friday.