Friday, January 10, 2014
7:25pm NJ metro radar update
7:25pm radar update for NJ metro...
The area of showers associated with our next storm is moving in sooner than originally expected, and, as such, temporarily preventing temperatures from rising further, some of this rain may still freeze on contact... hence the new freezing rain advisory...
...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SATURDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A FREEZING
RAIN ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM EST SATURDAY.
* LOCATIONS...THE SOUTHERN POCONOS, LEHIGH VALLEY AND UPPER BUCKS
COUNTY IN PENNSYLVANIA AND SUSSEX, WARREN, MORRIS, HUNTERDON
AND SOMERSET COUNTIES IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY.
* HAZARD TYPES...LIGHT FREEZING RAIN.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...A FEW HUNDREDTHS OF AN INCH.
* IMPACTS...WHILE TEMPERATURES ACROSS THE AREA WERE GENERALLY AT
OR SLIGHTLY ABOVE FREEZING SOME ROAD SURFACES AS WELL AS
SIDEWALKS REMAIN COLD AND AS AN AREA OF PRECIPITATION MOVES
THROUGH, THERE COULD BE SOME LIGHT ICING ON THE COLDER SURFACES.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S...BUT SLOWLY RISING THROUGH THE